Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Labour of love!

As my daughter is finishing elementary school and moving onto middle school the other mother's in her class asked if I would make some cushion for their teachers. Of I said yes with great pleasure!

On one side they are embroidered with the kid's names - 20 of them. There are 3 teachers so 3 cushions and 60 names to embroider! I methodically worked through the embroidery, it took forever! To give you an idea a 5 letter name took approximately 1 hour! I used a gorgeous antique handwove hemp as the base.



Recently I've also been madly buying vintage and antique French and English floral fabrics. Just love those! So I decidied to to include a little on the reverse side. The colours in the fabrics worked well with the colours I used to embroider the names.

Finally I was also asked to embroider a quote for the teachers as well. I did this on vintage doilies which I stitched in the center.



I will certainly say these gift were a labour of love!

Do you want to stay in the loop? If so sign up here to receive discounts, first dibs on new products and sales, freebies and tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment