Saturday, April 20, 2013

Foundation Paper Piecing

I came across the technique of 'Foundation Paper Piecing' when I read this blog post by Kerri from Sew Deerly Loved. I watched the You Tube clip which very simply explained the technique. Then I used the pattern provided. It was quite easy once you got the hang of it.

My second attempt (Above) was inspired by this block by Hart Hill. I have had this picture saved as a favourite in Flickr for ages. I read all the comments on her block which lead me to the pattern on Amazon. It was easy to find. I used a few different liberty fabrics in this block which was fun to do.

My third attempt was from Pink Penguin's new book called 'Patchwork Please'. I was so excited when it arrived in the mail as I per-ordered it ages ago. There are so many great projects in this book as you would expect from Ayumi and there is a whole quilt made from this fantastic pattern (above) which I totally love. My next friend to have a baby girl will get a cot quilt made from this design as I really want to make one for someone. I made the blocks above smaller than recommended size and only did two flowers rather the nine as in the original quilt.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the paper piecing! Love your little birdie block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sas they are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete