Friday, April 06, 2012

Further Quilt Progress




My quilt is a very random sampler with ideas from a huge range of places. These two types of blocks came from inspiration in Flickr. The circles come from Clothwork and heart idea from Q is for Quilter. The circles are cut freehand and don't line up perfectly but that's how I wanted them. I made a total of six blocks and have sewed them together in a row. They are almost as wide as a queen size quilt. The heart block is based on 1" squares. I really enjoyed making this one and was happy that most of the tiny squares lined up perfectly. I still consider myself a novice quilter and need more practice lining things up. This sampler quilt is a good way for me to practice a range of techniques and also to get help from my quilting teacher when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment