Monday, January 11, 2010

CREATIONS BY JUDE



Mum is here staying with me in Italy, it's been wonderful. She's been madly making things it's great to see. For Christmas I bought her a French antique grain sack and two different types of antique linen (5 meters). She thought she'd died and gone to heaven! It's totally inspired her - she's done about 5 monograms, one of which she did on this gorgeous tea cozy. I made the larger tea cozy also using antique linen with antique lace trim and French floral linen. I then applied a floral design which looks embroidered. Mum also made this little bag to keep her sewing in. She is now finishing off the most elaborate pin cushion you ever did see and is currently brainstorming a very elaborate needle case! Of course for all projects she is using the antique hand woven linen. I have to sew up a few more things for her so I will blog more over the next week. More images on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment