Saturday, October 21, 2017

Journal making fun

It's and unusually warm Autumn this year, I guess that was to be expected after our super hot summer! I'm left wondering what in stall for us this winter??


I'm already in Christmas mode, my favourite time of the year!  I've been dying to make a Christmas journal so I finally took the plunge and made one. I used an old book and found lots of super cute images on Pinterest to include.


In the journal I included lots of pockets and tuck spots with tags for writing. 




The tags I made in a random sort of way without a template so they are all different sizes. 


This journal is a gift for one of my favourite people in the world, so I hope she likes and enjoys it. There's plenty of space to document more than one Christmas. Such fun to include the recipes used for the year, photos, and even fun pre Christmas activities. It can also be a cool spot to store Christmas cards you liked, wrapping and so on.

Along with this fun activity I finally finished some new travel journals I've been making, also as a gift. These are for my teenage nephews who are coming over to Europe in December with their mum and dad. They will all be spending Christmas here with us which we are so excited about.


I thought possibly they might like a journal each to store anything they gather up along the way - postcards, tickets, business cards etc. I learnt to make this type of journal from Mary Anne Moss' Stitch Bookery class. Here I made sure it wasn't too girlie, a difficult task indeed!



 Here's a quick flip through.

 

I'm thinking I may need to make another one of these for my sister in law (their mum), it's her first time to Europe so she may like to have a place to write and store her bits and pieces too!

Of course there's been a lot of sewing going on too. I made a couple of growth charts, have new items in my shop and I'm working on a project which I hope to release soon.

Here's a little sneak peek.  I'll show a little more in each blog post! All I can say is it will be a lot of fun!!!



These type of materials are being used!!! Can anyone guess the theme???



Do you want to stay in the loop? If so sign up here to receive discounts, first dibs on new products and sales, freebies and tutorials.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment