Thursday, June 30, 2016

Wall art

Lately I have taken to making sweet stitched wall art. I greatly admire the work of Marna Lunt, Mandy Pattullo, Jessie Chorley and Jude Hill. I love the way they mix mix dofferent textiles and techniques to create new, original pieces.

For the market I participated in May in San Marino I deicded to create some pretty wall art to hang on the wall or place on a mantel. I bought vintage frames from a bric-a-brac shop and proceeded to work on my pieces.

Here they are in stitching phase!


This was the first one I completed. It's mixed media I love this technique mixing old pages with old fabrics, buttons and trims. 
I didn't like the brown frame so I decided to paint it an elephant grey which I liked a lot more!

This picture turned out to be very colourful, one of my favourites!

Finally I made this larger one using antique English eiderdowns for the base of the stitched part and then mounted on antique book pages dating to around 1898. I also added a little dimension to this one using some wire work as something was missing! I love this technique and will definitely explore it further. I still have to put this in my shop! Hopeless I know!


I have some more in progress so will have finish them and blog them later.


Do you want to stay in the loop? If so sign up here to receive discounts, first dibs on new products and sales, freebies and tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment