Thursday, June 30, 2016

Wall art

Lately I have taken to making sweet stitched wall art. I greatly admire the work of Marna Lunt, Mandy Pattullo, Jessie Chorley and Jude Hill. I love the way they mix mix dofferent textiles and techniques to create new, original pieces.

For the market I participated in May in San Marino I deicded to create some pretty wall art to hang on the wall or place on a mantel. I bought vintage frames from a bric-a-brac shop and proceeded to work on my pieces.

Here they are in stitching phase!


This was the first one I completed. It's mixed media I love this technique mixing old pages with old fabrics, buttons and trims. 
I didn't like the brown frame so I decided to paint it an elephant grey which I liked a lot more!

This picture turned out to be very colourful, one of my favourites!

Finally I made this larger one using antique English eiderdowns for the base of the stitched part and then mounted on antique book pages dating to around 1898. I also added a little dimension to this one using some wire work as something was missing! I love this technique and will definitely explore it further. I still have to put this in my shop! Hopeless I know!


I have some more in progress so will have finish them and blog them later.




No comments:

Post a Comment