Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween Fair at WPS

Every year, my son's primary school has a Halloween Fair. For the past couple of years, I have helped with the decorations. Last year I made a whole heap of tombstones to create a graveyard in one of the gardens. It was a massive hit!
This year, I was asked to decorate the front entrance and some of the windows. I went with a Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets theme. We found a really cute and large spider that became Aragog! It was fun to watch all the little kids get a surprise to walk under him. He was very popular and they all wanted to touch his legs. He was a lucky boy and had caught himself something yummy to eat later!
 Along the fence, I added random decorations. We had lots of spiders, skeletons, ghosts, bats and pumpkins, etc.
"The Chamber of Secret's has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware!"
 There were signs telling people to 'Follow the Spiders' and my son's class drew lots of spiders for me to put along the fence.
  

I also decorated some of the windows. The pictures below are some staffroom windows. The teachers said that they were really surprised when they came into work on Friday and found their windows decorated. They loved them!!
During the day and without the tissue paper.
At night and with the tissue paper.

Most ideas for the silhouettes came from Pinterest. There are such great ideas on there. Some we made up ourselves and my son even designed a couple. These are just some of the cutouts we did. It was a super cheap decoration using thick black paper and orange tissue paper all from the Hot Dollar shop.
 Ghostbusters designed by my son. They looked great once it was dark with the light shining through!
 Ghost designed by my son.
Cute monsters!!!

The next silhouettes were a little bit darker in theme and aimed to appeal to the older kids. They were in another building and were quite high up. I made 10 in total but only have photos of 6 as the others were too dark to photograph at night. Again the designs came from Pinterest. All ideas are on my Halloween Board.

It was a fun night and the kids had a great time. Now for some Trick or Treating tonight!  

 Do you want to stay in the loop? If so sign up here to receive discounts, first dibs on new products and sales, freebies and tutorials.

1 comment: