Sunday, August 24, 2014

W.I.P.

This is definitely an epic project. I started quite some time ago and literally haven't picked it up for more than a year because I was too busy with orders. Going home and seeing mum's progress has inspired me to pull it out and get working on it. 

Initial inspiration for this project has come from wonderful Pam Garrison I so love everything she does. Go and visit her blog to see her beautiful work.

Vintage embroidery with new embroidery!


 Vintage fabric heart applique and detail of a Browyn Hayes embroidery from one of her books.

 Appliqued, raw edge hexies using antique handwoven Italian hemp, linens and pieces of vintage embroideries. I still have work to do here there will be some embroidery here and there.
 More hexies placed near a gorgeous monogram mum gave me.



No comments:

Post a Comment