Saturday, February 16, 2013

Quilted Cushions

I felt like making a couple of quilted cushions for my son and myself for our beds. For my cushion I based my colour combination on a piece of grain sack fabric that I found. I used this tutorial from Pink Penguin. They are tiny hour-glass blocks. I did my best to match up my seams although some are a little out. I also tried machine quilting for the second time. I did the same style of quilting on each cushion and did the lines free-hand----- don't look too close and they are not perfectly straight or evenly spaced....... need to keep practicing!!!
Both cushions are filled with an Ikea feather insert. I love these as they are super soft and only $10. Jamie's cushion is log-cabin style and I used this tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts. It was pretty simple to make and you don't have to worry too much about lining up too many seams. Jamie loves his cushion and has been sleeping with it every night.

2 comments: