Thursday, September 01, 2011

Quilted vintage embroidered cushion



This cushion is so pretty. Inspiration came from some of my Japanese craft books and the book my sister gave me for Christmas 'Embroidery Craft : Stitching through the seasons' by Vicki Haninger. It's a great book with lots of vintage inspired embroideries to do. For this cushion I found many vintage embroideries on the internet which I found to be so cute I just had to start stitching some. Two squares are hand embroidered and two are patchwork. To finish it off I hand quilted it. I used a mix of cotton and Japanese linen blend fabrics and just love the way the colours turned out.

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo sweet! You picked beautiful fabrics for the combination! I also love hand sewing and embroidery. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting your wonderful blog via flickr. This cushion is sooooo beautiful. Like your work.

    ReplyDelete