Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vintage goodness!


I'm planning on making a quilt with pretty vintage embroideries and my own embroideries. I'm not quite sure how this quilt is going to be yet but I have been collecting vintage tablecloths and traycloths for some time now. I recently discovered Pam Garrison who is the most wonderful artist, one day I hope to buy one of her paintings! She made a beautiful bedspread with vintage doilies which is totally inspiring. You should go and check it out. Later today I'll photograph my growing collection of goodies. I bought the 2 doilies posted here in a little antique shop in Oz. They were plain so I embroidered them with patterns from my new book sas gave me for Christmas, 'Embroidery Craft: Stitching through the seasons' by Vicki Haninger. Truely gorgeous stitcheries in that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment