Friday, April 16, 2010

Stitchingalong Sarah's Square 1/36


This is my first square (rectangle) in my mission to stitch 36 (1 for each year of my life). I have designed all my squares, some of my inspiration like this first one has come from books/magazines/fabric and others I have designed myself. It is very tempting to sew more than one per day as some of them will be very quick to sew. This one took a little longer. I have made my grid 8 x 5 am using 1 1/2 inch squares. 1 inch was very small. I have also drew up 4 double squares (rectangles- like my first one) so that there are 36 blocks in my grid rather than 40.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Sarah!! I am going to do this for my 50th in September!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. Planning to do this. Beautiful embroidery throughout.

    ReplyDelete